‘The whole world is a garden and what a wonderful place this would be, if only each of us took care of our part of the garden!’~ Voltaire
We create sustainable gardens with the following aims :
- Integration and organisation
- Knowledge of the importance of the soil, plants, trees and flowers; of organisms working together in ecosystems; of current environmental issues.
- Healthy eating and growing food
- Low maintenace, low waste, self-regulating systems
- Increased biodiversity
- Learning from our environment
- Direct action to make yourself, garden and community a healthier and happier place
- This activity motivates, encourages and rewards participants. They have a sense of purpose, they set goals and a have part ownership of the garden: all of which has shown to improve the behaviour and well-bieng of the participants, especially the children.